1. Do I need visa to enter Bulgaria.
-For citizens of the EU and the United States no visa is required for up to 90-day stay in Bulgaria. For information about other countries, see the following Web site: www.mfa.bg/en/pages/view/85
2. The use of credit cards is widespread?
-In the big stores, hotels and catering and entertainment, usually accept the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club. In smaller shops, hotels and eateries and entertainment options it is necessary to pay in cash.
3. In what currency is used for daily transactions in the country?
-Currently only accepts in BGN (leva). The official currency of the country is lev, which is equal to 100 cents).
4. What is the best way to exchange currency?
All licensed banks and exchange offices are suitable for an exchange of currency.
5. Where are the international airports in the country.
-There are international airports in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas. Direct Charter flights are available to Black Sea airports in Varna and Bourgas during the summer season.
6. What are the mobile operators in the country.
-Mtel, GLOBUL and Vivacom. They cover the whole territory of the country. They support 2G and 3G networks and GSM 900/1800.
7. What are the speed limits for motor vehicles in Bulgaria?
-50 km/h in populated areas; 90 km/h outside built-up areas; 130 km/h for limited access highways.
8. What is the country’s phone number?
9. Bulgaria is in what time zone?
-Bulgaria is located in the Eastern time zone, which is GMT (Greenwich mean time) + 2 hours.
10. What is the electrical voltage in the country?
– 220 V, 50 Hz.
11. Can I rent a car in Bulgaria?
Visitors can rent a motor vehicle from one of the rent-a-international car companies such as Hertz, budget, Eurocar, etc. Also, many hotels now offer this service through a licensed Bulgarian car rental companies.
12. What is the climate in Bulgaria?
-The climate in Bulgaria is moderate continental with Mediterranean influence in the South. Black Sea affects the climate in the eastern part of the country. There are about 2000 solar hours from May to October. In winter the mountains are particularly suitable for winter sports.
13. What season is best to visit in the country.
-The best time to visit depends on the reason for your trip. The best months for skiing are December, January, February and March. If you are interested in visiting the beaches of the Black Sea – June, July, August and September. If you are a tourist or camping, the appropriate time are late spring, early summer and early fall. Any time of the year is a good time to visit one of the many spa resorts in Bulgaria.
14. What are the greatest seaside resorts?
-Sunny Beach, Golden Sands, Albena, elenite, dyuni, Primorskointernationalyouthcenter, Saints Constantine and St. Helena, and the cities of Varna and Burgas.
15. Which are the country’s most famous mountain resorts?
-Bansko, Borovets, Pamporovo and Vitosha mountain.